Long enough to see David becoming a father and Paul Shafer getting nomination after nomination for his music genius. And ultimately long enough to now be able to list the 10 best Letterman Top 10 lists. Here they are:
1. Top 10 Barack Obama campaign promises
It’s only at the Letterman Show the next president of the United States will agree to read the top 10 list. Good campaign marketing say some, just plain funny says we.
2. Top 10 questions you would ask John Mccain
Bias we know, but this top 10 list just gotta be included. If not for it’s hilarious questions, at least because it’s current.
3. Top 10 signs you’re not the most popular guy at high school
With Napolean Dynamite actually reading the top 10 list, it’s priceless. “6. The stupid kid who gets his tater tots stolen every day? He steals you tater tots”
4. Top 10 reasons I like being an actor
Al Pacino and Robert De Niro paints a parody picture of how posh and arrogant actors are. These two legends and their serious faces hits this one out the ball park.
5. Top 10 reasons I love my job
Something we all can relate to. The list is read by Charleston Air Force.
6. Top 10 favorite George W Bush moments
Shown in video clips the 10 worst moments of George W Bush is amazing. Is this guy really our president?
7. Top 10 things your do not want to hear in a music store
Presented by no other than Jack Black live in a music store to actual people. He must have not been famous yet because the people are totally weirded out.
8. Top 10 messages on “Joe The Plummer’s” voice machine
Joe the Plummer quickly became the term in John McCains presidential campaign to address the average working class American. Brilliant!
9. Top 10 favorite California names
An old one but still crazy funny. I can’t believe people actually have these names.
10. Top 10 stupid things Americans say to Brits
Ricky Gervais creator of BBC’s “The Office” and “Extras” here made his own Top 10 list and presented it in the studio. Good stuff! Ignorance is bliss!