Top 10 Weirdest Looking Emo Kids

LeTune February 20, 2010 149

It is sometimes hard for us mortals to distinguish the difference between Goth kids and Emo kids. All we know is that they both share a common passion for the color black, a mutual distaste for their parents and society, and an fatal allergy for everything that is considered normal and within the norm of things. To shed some further light on today’s troubled youth, we have collected the ten most obscure photos of Emo kids as well as Goth kids we could find. Not to ridicule or make fun of, but more to observe and understand.

First, let’s identify the true characteristics of an Emo Kid. We could settle with linking to the appropriate Wikipedia page, but will instead include this photo explaining the epitomy of an Emo Kid.

10. The Slightly Obese Gang Sign Flashing, Yet Conservative, Emo Kid

9. The Sado Masocist Emo Kids

8. The Company of Three

7. The Roleplaying “I’m a Dark Wizzard” Emo Kid

6. The “I Borrow My Mom’s Makeup” Emo Kid

5. The Samurai Emo Kid

4. The Slightly Insane Emo Kid

3. The Straight A’s Emo Kid

2. The Puppy Eyed Red Mascara Emo Kid

1. The Miserable Emo Kid Roadtripping with the Family

See our video on YouTube!

149 Comments »

1. mrKTz January 29, 2011 at 8:13 am -

I think this is clearly a misrepresentation … I was a goth in my youth(in the niineties) and, even if I dispise emos(I would like to show ‘em REALLY what’s pain and suffering), I just want to say: cmon, not a the goth are THAT FAT!!!! XP

2. Mew January 30, 2011 at 4:48 pm -

The kid in the #2 might be good looking if not for the piercings, overdone face paint make-up, and gauged ears.

3. GrammarBarbie January 31, 2011 at 6:24 pm -

Mr. Geiger, dictionary much? It’s spelled “epitome.” Grammar and spelling mistakes really stand out when you’re disparaging others for ANY reason.

Below, I’ve listed only your most glaring mistakes. Believe me, I’m being gentle here, such as not pointing out your arbitrary capitalization, and lack thereof.

“an fatal allergy” <— "a" would be correct.
    "everything that is considered normal and within the norm of things" <— redundant.

From your "epitomy (sic) of an emo kid" picture:
    "Hicky" is an adjective. The noun you want is "hickey."
    Limp "wirst." I know, I know, it's just a typo. But again, when one is disparaging others …

Picture #9:
    "Sado Masocist." Spelling. It's sadomasochist.

Picture #3:
    "Straight A’s." Adding an apostrophe with an "s" to pluralize a capital letter is incorrect. Use just a lowercase "s."

Picture #2:
    "The 'Puppy Eyed' Red Mascara Emo Kid" This compound adjective should be hyphenated as "puppy-eyed."

• Jaster July 7, 2011 at 5:50 pm -

Thank you! I was about to point it all out, myself

• Joe July 17, 2011 at 4:31 pm -

emo? AHAHAHAHA.. emotive hardcore.. HAHAHAHA. HAHAH… hahaha… emo, emo is foul language, EMO is an insult. HAHAHA.. hahahah HAHAHA

• I liek two spel December 2, 2012 at 9:36 pm -

Actually the “A’s” is correct. If you are going to correct someone at least be correct about it.

4. josalyn February 3, 2011 at 7:28 pm -

just saying that is not a normal emo kid thouse r just a bunce of messed up wannabes but dear god if there going to try to be emo at least do it rite thay look like i dont even know

• mel August 4, 2011 at 3:40 am -

thats what i said

5. Elise February 4, 2011 at 3:29 pm -

These kids are gothic not emo!!!!!! duh!

6. Gina February 10, 2011 at 3:44 pm -

that kinda is making fun of emos and goths cause i am an emo and im not like any of those so maybe you should stop being a stereotype cause its mean

• rick March 4, 2011 at 9:32 pm -

GO CRY YOURSELF TO SLEEP AFTER YOU CUT YOURSELF

• Jaster July 7, 2011 at 5:53 pm -

Rick, let me set up a scenario for you:
        Imagine that tomorrow your mum died, your father ran away, your house burned and your girlfriend cheated on you and called you a worthless piece of shit.
        and a man comes up to you and says: “GO CRY YOURSELF TO SLEEP AFTER YOU CUT YOURSELF”

• Joe July 17, 2011 at 4:45 pm -

Seriously? father ran away? why run when he can walk? cheating girlfriend, well kick her to the effing curb and slap her face if she says anything. buy a new house if your old burns down. and about that mom stuff, people die, thats life.

besides, what the …. has that got to do with emo? dressing like a jerk, abusing makeup and so on?

• Zdiddy7 August 5, 2011 at 11:04 pm -

Let me set up a scenario for YOU!! You’re a boy and you go to school wearing anything from above- your mom probably died from shame, your father ran away because his son wears makeup and looks like an all around ugly girl, your house burned because you fell asleep with your incense and candles burning next to your hairspray, and just because you watch her from the bushes that doesn’t mean you two are dating…. Add all that up and you ARE a worthless piece of crap who should cry yourself to sleep. These freaks do it to themselves- don’t make yourself a target if you don’t want negative attention…..

• Rawrr >_> January 17, 2012 at 2:41 pm -

fuck you guise. Jaster’s actually right. most emos HATE being called emo, and hate labels, we wear makeup because most of us have been called ugly too many times and want to hide . Same with the hair . Cutting . Now, as a person who’s cut for several years, i get so fuckin pissed when anyone makes fun of cutting . People cut, and it is medically proven, because it makes your sadness go away, even for a little, because it releases endorphines . Not all emos are cutters and not all cutters are emo . All of you get it fuckin right before you make a stupid ass comment . And, NONE OF THESE PEOPLE ARE EMO, except maybe #1 . They’re goth(ics) . Idiots >_>

• ACEY February 7, 2012 at 5:42 pm -

EXCUSE ME as being a goth ONLY ONE OF THOSE IDIOTS UP THERE cwalify as a goth the one with the holla hoop and i agree with your cutting info because its true as i am a cutter but you have the gothic cultre wrong and emo isnt emo any more emo started as music like the pixies then it created a sub culture branching off of gothic , Goths tend to wear black but never do they only wear black goths do not hate life in fact there mainly happy about everything even things like tragidy violence death candy and other things most of the time goths are super hyper now REAL goths what i just described above are dieing out and are being replaced by fakes and emo culture im not against emo just dont like the to mixed up

• BigOak February 8, 2012 at 8:21 am -

Thanks for the input, Acey. This list is a little old so maybe much as changed.

7. lacey February 11, 2011 at 10:16 pm -

# 4 is not emo. not even a little. Obviously a maggot and quite possibly a juggalo (judging by the level of twisted insanity and zest for life, also very sexy). this entire post is just so wrong and ignorant. You have no clue what you are talking about, you must stop making a fool of yourself… also mascara is not eyeshadow you imbecile.

• Joe July 17, 2011 at 4:49 pm -

hahhaa.. who gives a damn what the shit they put on they face is called. mascara, eyeshadow.. neither should be used men, or boys for that matter. only one making a fool of themselves is the people posted on the pictures and those defending their retarded ideas.

8. Vin February 12, 2011 at 11:03 pm -

I wish i had a kid that would express themselves like that. So i could beat them to death with a baseball bat. I blame the parents. First for obviously messing these kids up beyond repair….and second for not taking control and doing something about it. Goth..emo…who cares. They are all freaks and belong in the circus.

• rick March 4, 2011 at 9:33 pm -

YEAH SOME REAL KNOWLEDGE

9. DJSwing78 February 21, 2011 at 2:42 pm -

I’ll take a #1 please with a side of whip cream =)

• Jaster July 7, 2011 at 5:55 pm -

I second that!

• mel August 4, 2011 at 3:42 am -

I’ll take that too

10. someone February 21, 2011 at 4:55 pm -

Goth or emo.. There isnt much of a difference personality wise. but there are some. Goths are awkwardly loud , and smelly. those go hand and hand. the emo awkwardly quiet. not much of a diff. I think that the emo is the evolution of the goth.

• Superstarseven February 23, 2011 at 4:49 pm -

Emo has nothing to do with Goth, my ignorant friend.

• rick March 4, 2011 at 9:34 pm -

ACTUALLY IT HAS A LOT TO WITH IT, LETS DRESS JUST LIKE SOME OTHER GROUP OF PEOPLE AND CALL OURSELVES “DIFFERENT” YOUR ALL CUT FROM THE SAME CLOTH JUST ONE IS OPEN ABOUT CRYING AND SELF MUTILATING ONESELF

• mel August 4, 2011 at 3:45 am -

They are totally diffrent

11. Men of Men February 21, 2011 at 5:34 pm -

Vin said it right…. Ha. Great quote ” I wish i had a kid that would express themselves like that. So i could beat them “

• Jump2552 February 24, 2011 at 7:04 pm -

they’d be better off

• Joe July 17, 2011 at 4:52 pm -

beat them to death, with a baseball bat.. possibly modified to a spiked bat.

12. Sin February 22, 2011 at 3:32 pm -

I’m certain that by the comments here every single one of you fit right in just fine in high school…you never felt the need to be heard or seen……and there’s certainly NO way any of you ever wore something purely for the shock value it might have had for your parents? Those who want to blame the parents? I had wonderfully involved and caring parents that would have allowed me to dress like this if i so wished…afterall..it would have been me who had to deal with the fallout from the look, not them….Maybe…just maybe..if people wouldn’t make such a huge deal out of how they look, the fad would die off or at least go back underground where it came from. Then again…the secretly insecure folks who call these kids out for their looks would have nothing to whine about anymore……

• Joe July 17, 2011 at 4:58 pm -

some people just like to hate, and these emo, goths, whatever, kids are so easy to hate on.

13. Beci February 25, 2011 at 9:36 pm -

Only 4 of those are actually emo kids and they are bad examples at that.

14. Cef2190 February 28, 2011 at 1:33 pm -

Okay, so the kids in number 9 are friends of mine. Haha! Seriously, this was taken at my high school senior year. It was for home coming week and was meant to be funny. It funny how these things get out on the internet XD

15. vvhatever March 1, 2011 at 7:02 am -

no. 1 and the very very first one (epitomE of an emo kid) are hot

• Jaster July 7, 2011 at 5:59 pm -

I AGREE.

16. Shade Ilmaendu March 3, 2011 at 7:14 pm -

Ahaha, not a bad list, but obviously the person who made it (sorry OP) hasnt really done the homework on subculture. Some of the images here are depicting emo style. Several of them are goth, and two of them are juggalos (including the guy with his pet hippo), notable by the band shirts they are wearing. So while I commend you for your satirical attempts, Id just like to point out that a little more research into the styles and the stereotypes may be necessary to avoid erring in the future. :)

• Joe July 17, 2011 at 5:05 pm -

Research is not required in this subject. It’s plain to see, these are just average as.sholes.

17. Kenseiden March 4, 2011 at 9:17 am -

These guys are clearly mentally handicapped…

18. rick March 4, 2011 at 9:30 pm -

YOU GOT IT RIGHT THEY WOULD “LIKE” TO SLIT YOUR THROAT BUT TOO BIG OF PUSSIES TO ACTUALLY DO IT. INSTEAD THEY PUT THEMSELVES THROUGH THIS SELF HUMILIATION

GET A JOB AND MAYBE YOU WOULD WANT TO OUTCAST YOURSELF FROM SOCIETY ANYMORE

19. Scarlet Tempest March 7, 2011 at 6:48 pm -

Most are kinda creepy >.> the Screepy Vampire Emo is cooler. And is it just me.. or is the last kid hott

20. 003 March 9, 2011 at 4:40 pm -

Great job on #4 hahahahahaha

21. Nathan March 10, 2011 at 10:55 pm -

#6 and 1, look so HOT! I want to have a threesome with them O.e

22. Jiminyc April 2, 2011 at 9:05 am -

I see that even freaks have to separate themselves into groups and argue over who does and doesn’t belong to their specific freaky group based on some small detail in dress or accessory. Just as class conscious or more than those they’re rebelling against.

23. Roxy April 20, 2011 at 2:15 pm -

Hahaha you guys make me laugh at how ignorant you can be. One, not all Goths want to “slit someone’s throat” or are always angry. I, for one, am a Goth and I’m not always angry. I have a bubbly personality and everyone (including the “Cool Kids”) at school like me. Goths may want to separate themselves with society, but not all, like me. You shouldn’t make fun of things you don’t understand.

24. Jojo June 18, 2011 at 12:48 pm -

LOLS.. nice xD the dark wizard one is fantastic..

road trip kid is amazing.

i love the fact that these kids all took serious pictures of themselves looking and acting like this. looking and acting the way they choose to be themselves. and quite honestly, from the looks of the pics, they dont care what anyone thinks of them. I envy that. thumbs up to them, great post.

25. ima July 16, 2011 at 11:26 am -

it’s insane !!
    i mean for god sake , what the hell was that ?????? they all belong to the hospital

26. leg avenue July 18, 2011 at 1:34 am -

i saw a lot of juggalos and goths and metalheads. not many emos

• jason May 3, 2012 at 6:31 pm -

yes, metalheads

27. Ducky July 27, 2011 at 11:55 am -

Most of these people are making a poor attempt at being goth, not emo.

28. mel August 4, 2011 at 3:36 am -

That, last time i checked is not emo, that is a few failed emo and some poser goths. except for like the last one, and way to be a jerk, for the first one. Guys have skinny jeans too, not just women

29. Jake August 4, 2011 at 7:35 pm -

#4 is totally not emo! He be goth! ^0^ Epicness!!!

30. That #itch August 21, 2011 at 8:18 pm -

This is stupid. You all have absolutely no right to make fun of people.
    I myself are gothic/emo and this just pisses me off.
    So what? I hate people, I wear black eyeliner, I like piercings and the color black.
    Do any of you have a problem with people like that?
    If you do then take it up with me. I’ll force you to understand, even if I have to drill the knowledge into your tiny “mortal” brains.

• #hat bitch August 21, 2011 at 8:21 pm -

This is just how we are. What your all doing is discrimination and its wrong to make fun of people you don’t know anything about. I myself get made fun of a lot, Its sick what people do.
      Have you ever thought that maybe the $hit that you all are doing is causing people to be like this?

31. Wardrobe stylist August 21, 2011 at 11:01 pm -

Amazing a look at a load of emo losers

• jason May 3, 2012 at 6:32 pm -

ha ha im probably going to get carmine for this but nice

32. maggot4life August 28, 2011 at 4:40 am -

Lol some of them are’nt emo at all and the fourth was hot AND he’s has a slipknot T-shirt c:

33. Danae.Ccake August 31, 2011 at 6:17 pm -

I m a scene kid and I can say that NO1 at these fotos is an emo kid.the first guy is scene and the guy 6. is scene 2…oh ok only 1.is an emo.the others r scene and goth.NO EMOS!

(my piercings r better q:)

34. veerendra September 1, 2011 at 1:38 pm -

good job man !! this problem is horrible in USA there are no emo kids in other places…

35. Ellen September 1, 2011 at 6:29 pm -

It does seem like an overrepresentation of obese kids. It’s just a time in their life. Let them have fun.

36. Mehdi Ali Kazmi September 1, 2011 at 7:20 pm -

The Slightly Insane Emo Kid is the best one. He looks to horror to me. I am afraid if he ever comes in front me in real life, I will start crying.

37. Brandon Turk September 1, 2011 at 8:44 pm -

I dunno wtf is up with these emo kids. They are just SCREAMING for attention.

38. Koushal September 2, 2011 at 4:57 am -

Weirdest Looking Emo Kids is horrible Problem in USA, but truly if emo kids ever come in front of, it is most awful to me. They are just a like a ghost.

39. In-your-face September 3, 2011 at 9:39 pm -

I doubt that none of them are even real Emo/Scene/Goth etc etc, but by the looks of it, number one is. This is obviously american and whatever styles that is in the U.S of A don’t matter, since we’ve got the right to express ourselves however we chose, if you hate on them, then go live in North Korea or something, you don’t appreciate freedom of speak or freedom for that matter. Don’t Judge people, you don’t know what they’ve been through, who they are, what they like beside their style, where they come from, judge yourself before you judge others, you’re obviously racists against them if you hate their differences, we’re all humans.

40. Lavankumar September 12, 2011 at 10:14 pm -

Good Job man they are screaming…

41. amay September 13, 2011 at 2:55 am -

these kids are too scary

42. LMAO October 21, 2011 at 11:20 am -

OMG im like so laughing from most of all the comments, id rather be emo(which i am) than be whatever the F*** you are, ya know…….who gives a F*** if im goth/emo/scene, I dont give a S***, I can most likely tell you if you where to meet my friends and be a B**** because we look like this, my friends would beat the crap out of you, even if the police is looking at us, they would still beat the crap out of you. my friend has a baseball bat in her closet, kinda broken, cause the guy who told her she was stupid and should die for being like that, she threw the bat at his brand new car, and im pretty sure that thing cost very expencise anyways dont F*** with us about being a B**** and a P**** cause we will mess you up………..

43. not impressed November 7, 2011 at 4:05 pm -

this is utterly ridiculous. gothic is a subculture, not a fashion. it hasn’t anything to do with hating anyone or standing out. it’s about acceptance and appreciation of beauty. research things before you make a fool of yourself.

44. Laura December 14, 2011 at 2:19 am -

Where are the parents and why are these children suffering like this? It is oboist that these kids are screaming for help; you can see it in their face. Would you ever or have you ever dressed and looked like this? Than you know that the only reason why these kids look like this is because their biggest nightmares and fears are still hunting them. Abused kids maybe, lonely and rejected kids, rejected kids by their own parents, lack of self of self-esteem, kids from broken homes, kids whose parents use drugs, kids who have not been introduced to the bible, molested kids by their own family members, exec. No kid wakes up one day in the morning and says “today I’m going put makeup on and look like a clown and dress all in black so everybody stares at me” NO!!! The stupid irresponsible fucked in the head parents allow this to happen, it can take months or years for the child to star transforming themselves in to a new identity. The child looks in the mirror every morning and stars to accept and believe this new character which is growing like a virus of course the description of how they feel.
    It is simple guys why are people overweight and very sick? Because they’re not educated on nutrition, sometimes they’re addicted to food and can’t stop, or sometimes they are too lazy to do anything about their weigh and they don’t give a fuck, but we all understand that overweight or obese people which is one person out four in the USA have a problem. I don’t give a fuck what anybody says no one wants to be obese or overweight! So there you have it, if we know that fat people have a problem then it should be easy to understand that these kids not only have a problem but they need help. “Our kids are the future” really! Not if they’re raised by fucked parents.

45. Anthony April 12, 2012 at 9:52 pm -

This is funny as all hell, my brother is in #8. He’s even wearing an old shirt of mine

46. Alexandra A. April 25, 2012 at 8:23 pm -

You people should be ashamed of yourselves,do you even realize what are you doing?you dont even know these people,and youre already making fun of them?!Maybe for some people they have their personal reasons,and even if they didnt,you dont have to humiliate them this way,this is just horrible.I’m never going through here again.>:|

47. jason May 3, 2012 at 6:29 pm -

emos -stupid, annoying no good for nothing people- who agrees?

48. jason May 3, 2012 at 6:36 pm -

the number ten emo almost looks like the numa numa guy creepy

49. andrew October 31, 2012 at 9:43 pm -

on the first emo/goth kid you forgot to mention how his studded belt was fashionably buckled to the side

50. http://beyoncelemonadediet.blinkweb.com January 24, 2013 at 4:49 am -

Hi there, yes this paragraph is really fastidious
    and I have learned lot of things from it on the topic of blogging.
    thanks.